Saturday, June 19, 2010

Prophet Abraham: I do not love things that set

Noble Qur'an Chapter 6, Verses 74-80
(Remember) when Abraham said unto his father Azar: You take idols for gods? Lo! I see you and your folk in plain error (74). Thus did We show Abraham the kingdom of the heavens and the earth that he might be of those possessing certainty (75). When the night grew dark upon him he (Abraham) beheld a star. He said: This is my Lord. But when it set, he said: I love not things that set (76). And when he saw the moon uprising, he exclaimed: This is my Lord. But when it set, he said: Unless my Lord guide me, I surely shall become one of the folk who are astray (77). And when he saw the sun uprising, he cried: This is my Lord! This is greater! And when it set he exclaimed: O my people! Lo! I am free from all that you associate (with Him) (78). Lo! I have turned my face toward Him Who created the heavens and the earth, as one by nature upright, and I am not of the idolaters (79). His people argued with him. He said: You dispute with me concerning Allah when He has guided me? I fear not at all you set up beside Him unless my Lord wills anything. My Lord includes all things in His knowledge. Will you not then remember? (80)


Six-story-tall 'King of King's' (TouchDown) statue of Jesus outside the Solid Rock Church in Monroe, Ohio before the lightning struck it on Monday June 15, 2010.
This is what remained.

O mankind! Here is an example for your understanding,  so pay heed to it. Those deities whom you call besides Allah cannot create a single fly, even if they all combined their forces. Rather, if the fly took something from them, they cannot even get it back. So weak are (both) the seeker and the sought! (22:73) They do not render to Allah the homage due to Him. Lo! Allah is Strong, Almighty (22:74). Allah chooses His messengers from the angels and (also) from human beings. Lo! Allah is Hearer, Seer (22:75) He knows all that is before them and all that is behind them, and unto Allah all things are returned (22:76)




This Buddha statue, situated at the center of Hussain Sagar, an artificial lake in the city of Hyderabad, is one of India’s most famous Buddhist statues. This figure stands at a full 17 meters (56 feet) tall and weighs 320 tons. The single largest monolithic statue in all of India, it was sculpted by a group of artisans from a single piece of stone. Tragically, during the statue’s installation in 1992 the figure tipped over and fell into the lake, causing the death of 8 workers. The government recovered the statue and restored it to its full height and stature.

And relate to them the story of Abraham from the book (the Qur'ân), he was a truthful Prophet. (19:41) When he said to his father: "O my father, why do you worship something that can neither hear nor see, nor avail you in any way? (19:42)

Those whom they invoke besides Allah create nothing and are themselves created (16:20).

A idol of Ganesh discarded into some body of water after the festival.

(They are things) dead, lifeless: nor do they know when they will be raised up (Noble Qur'an -16:21).

No comments: